Friday, February 25, 2011

September 2010

September was a BIG month for Brooklyn. First she started SCHOOL!!!! She was SOOOO beyond excited to start school. We brought her teacher a basket on back to school night, so Brooklyn could introduce herself, (is it wrong that I want to bribe the teacher to love my daughter? I guess a bribe isn't necessary because who wouldn't love this girl, but it helps!)

This is Brooklyn on the official first day of school. I love the look of excitement, yet nervousness. She was super ready for school. I expected Brooklyn to be a little nervous to have me leave, but in her mind, I couldn't have left sooner. She was just so excited to be there. Brooklyn could already write her name and she already knew all her letters and most of the sounds before preschool and I'm sure she's going to learn a lot more. She technically shouldn't start school until next year, because her birthday is 18 days past the cut-off date for school, but I couldn't keep her home, she was so ready to start school. I don't know what we'll do next year, but we'll figure it out next year, but for now she loves to be in school and is doing really well.
Brooklyn also had her BIRTHDAY this year! She is 4!!! Can you believe it?? She was so excited for her birthday. One of her presents was a quilt made by my Mom for her bed. This of course inspired a redecoration of her room. It was so fun, we repainted her wall decorations, got new bedding and rearranged the room. Luckily the wall color matched and we didn't need to change it. Brooklyn spent the night at Grandma & Grandpa Koberlein's house and came home to see the surprise. She LOVED it, if only it stayed as clean as this picture all the time......
Brooklyn had her birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese. She was ecstatic to have her party there, but I will NEVER do a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese on a Saturday EVER AGAIN. It was CRAZY!!! There were so many kids there! The kids had a BLAST though and I guess that's all I can ask for. I think I counted kids heads to make sure everyone was there over 150 times. All the kids were super good and mostly stayed together in a group, but still, never ever again on a Saturday!
Of course a highlight for Brooklyn was opening the presents. She got lots of girly things, which was heaven for her. Barbies, princesses, jewelry kits, coloring books, you name it she got it. The highlight for her was her very own Pillow Pet!!! She loves it and sleeps with it every night.
The next day we went to Grandma & Grandpa Koberlein's to open MORE presents. We only let her open her pillow pet at the party so we did the rest with G&G. Pat and Sarah, and the doggies. Aunt Carleen, Uncle Mike and Matthew came too. It was fun and definitely a LOT quieter!!!She had a GREAT birthday and is growing up so fast. I just can't believe how big she is getting and how smart she is. She surprises me everyday and just the sweetest big sister to Boston.


No comments:

Post a Comment